At Mint Skin we take the security of your personal information seriously
What kind of personal information do we collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect will vary depending upon our interaction with you but may include:
- your name, address and other contact details (like your telephone number);
- your email address;
- your date of birth;
- your gender;
- transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made with us or that have been made on your behalf;
- credit card details, if you make a purchase with us;
- your username;
- any preferences that you select; and
- any other personal information which may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
When do we collect personal info?
Generally, we collect personal information when you:
- make a purchase through our website or such other retail portals that we may operate;
- register as a Mint Skin user via our website;
- participate in a survey, competition, promotion or other marketing campaign;
- indicate that you wish to receive news, offers or other marketing material from Mint Skin;
- use certain features accessible from the Mint Skin website or applications that may be offered or operated by Mint Skin;
- make an inquiry or a complaint;
- have other dealings with us, for example, via social media or in person, over the phone or when you write to us.
In certain circumstances, we may also collect personal information about you in the course of combining and analysing different data sets which, in and of themselves, may not contain personal information.
Sometimes we collect personal information about you from other sources, for example; people making a purchase on your behalf and third party suppliers and contractors who assist us to operate our business, such as information technology suppliers marketing and digital services suppliers, research and development organisations, data partners, analytics consultants and publicly available sources of information.
How do we collect personal info?
Mint Skin may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy format or a combination of both. This personal information may be combined or linked with other information held about, or which we attribute to, you, including:
- information (personal or otherwise) that we collect from our website and mobile site (as described below in relation to "Cookies, Tracking and Advertising") or from third parties; and
- personal information we receive from our group companies and client businesses, who, in common with us, have a relationship with you and where we understand that you have consented to such group companies and client businesses sharing your personal information with us.
Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
Generally, Mint Skin only uses personal information for the primary purpose for which we have collected it, or for another closely related secondary purpose. Our potential uses of personal information which Mint Skin collects (and for which you consent to us using your personal information for) may include:
- to process and fulfil your orders for goods or services (or other items) from us;
- to contact you if there is problem in fulfilling your order;
- to get a better understanding of you, your needs, your behaviours and how you interact with us in order to identify ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our website and other services;
- managing your dealings with us as a registered Mint Skin user;
- so that we can promote our products and services to you and the goods and services of third parties that we deal with;
- to allow our related companies to promote their goods and services to you and those of their partners;
- detecting and preventing fraud and unauthorised onselling or supply of Mint Skin goods and services;
- for business research and development of new goods and services, including for registered Mint Skin users and our business clients;
- to facilitate the competitions, special offers and promotions that we or our partners run;
- displaying content and advertising (including in relation to goods and services) that is customised to your interests, preferences and experiences, including through online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation activities;
- verifying your identity;
- so that we can respond to inquiries and complaint handling; and
- for the conduct of data analytics and predicting trends;
- marketing services in connection with the products and services we provide; and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforce our legal rights.
Direct marketing and research? It’s your call.
As set out above, Mint Skin may use personal information about you for marketing and research purposes. However, you can manage your Mint Skin communication preferences by contacting our head office at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, the marketing communications that we send to you may also contain information on how to unsubscribe from those communications.
You can also tell us at any time if you do not want us to disclose your details to other organisations such as our related companies or third parties for marketing purposes. To do this, you just need to contact our head office email@example.com
Here’s how we might disclose your personal info…
Mint Skin may disclose your personal information to suppliers of the same or similar goods or services that you have you have purchased from Mint Skin. Mint Skin discloses your personal information to such organisations for operational purposes and also because from time to time they may choose to provide you with information about their promotions by ordinary post. If you consent, these organisations may use this information to provide you with promotional and marketing material via email. You may change your preference to receive email marketing at any time directly with the organisations which have obtained your information.
Otherwise, Mint Skin will only disclose your personal information:
- where we are required to do so by law;
- if the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) applies to Mint Skin’s business and the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth); or
- if you have consented to the disclosure.
We don’t share your personal information to overseas peeps. Unless you want us to.
Mint Skin will, subject to the rest of this paragraph, not send personal information about an individual outside Australia without obtaining the consent of the individual (in some cases this consent will be implied); or otherwise complying with the Australian Privacy Principles or other applicable privacy legislation.
What happens if Mint Skin doesn’t collect your personal information?If we do not collect personal information about you at the point of sale or when you interact with us, this could impact the level of service we can provide to you, for example, we may not be able to properly respond to your inquiry or investigate your complaint or fully process your transaction.
Cookies, tracking and advertising
Sometimes our website or mobile site contains links to third party websites, for your convenience and information. When you access a non-Mint Skin website, please understand that Mint Skin is not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. We suggest that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit.
If we’ve got something wrong, we’ll fix it.
Under the Australian Privacy Principles, you have a right to request access to the personal information that Mint Skin holds about you and seek its correction. You are able to access or correct some of your personal information by contacting our Please include your contact details such as email address and telephone number and enclose a copy of a form of identification such as a current driver's licence or passport. We will not charge you for making such a request but will let you know if there is a cost for supplying you with access to or correcting the personal information. We aim to respond to requests for access or correction within 30 days. There are certain situations under the Australian Privacy Principles where we may refuse to provide you with access to or correct your personal information but we will always let you know in writing if this is the case.
Complaints and how to contact our Privacy Officer
We will always endeavour to investigate your complaint and respond to you as soon as practicable after receipt, generally within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.